Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"So Shera, what DO you do all day?"

I get asked this quite a bit. It's actually overwhelming having so many options with what to do with my time. And it's difficult to not feel as if I'm wasting my time over here. "I should be writing a book! I should be mastering the German language! I should be researching and cataloging tips and tricks about cleaning, cooking and general house management!" Should, should, should. Too many shoulds. So, without feeling guilty, here are some things I do to pass the time, take care of things and enjoy myself.

1. Go grocery shopping - this is a must. Sometimes it's just getting meat for dinner that night and other times its a full day of multiple stores trying to find what I need.


2. Read


I think this was during my Twilight frenzy.

3. Meet with friends for coffee/museums/brunch/shopping.



4. Clean the apartment - if I was more organized, it would be more efficient, but as of now, at least 1 day a week is spent cleaning the entire flat. Toilets to tops of doors. Goody. **Lately this has not been happening, and cleaning has been demoted to "when the guests leave and before the next ones get here".

5. Go online - one may have noticed that I am on Facebook a lot these days.



6. Sleep - I have been enjoying this. It's been great.

7. Take out the trash and recycling (believe it or not, this actually takes a while. See October's posts for a refresher).

8. Cook- Nate says I'm getting better. I still not all that adventurous, still just a follow the recipe kinda gal.

9. Bake- Cake like breads and cookies are my favorite. Although I did make a pie crust from scratch and it kicked ass.



Nate made me put the cat picture in here. He says that, although I bake, I've usually eaten most of whatever treat I've made before he gets home. Oops.

10. Do the laundry



11. Meet Nate for lunch



12. Continue to explore Munich and surrounding Europe - I still try to get lost in certain neighborhoods of the city just to explore. And we have our Italy trip booked for the month of June.

4 comments:

The Pfefferkorns said...

you read teh twilight series too!??? I was so hooked. Did you finish them all? Have you seen the movie. It was pretty lame.

Love the pictures of you doing things. So cute.
You make a good house frou (? not sure if that is even close to how you say it or spell it?)
have fun withyour family!
allie

Nikki said...

So FUN! so FUN! so FUN!!!!

McNabb Clan said...

so glad you are being creative with your time and enjoying LIFE!! You are awesome Shera! i feel the same way - all the things I "should" be doing, but my daily routine is not always what i would expect! have fun being a light over there! hugs, ali

The Yorks said...

Yes I read them! Emily got me hooked. Saw the movie over here too, with a bunch of swooning pre-teens. I felt very lame.
Thanks Nikki and Ali, life really is what happens when you are making plans, right? May I continue to be a light!