Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Grellmanns Part 4 - (How many of these are there??) Olympic Park



Back in 1972 Munich hosted the summer Olympics. Many know this mainly because of the tragedy that befell the Israeli athletes, which makes this place all the more awe-inspiring. At least for us non-sport lovers, such as myself. For my parents however, just being the site of world competition in a multitude of athletic events makes it worthy of seeing.

We saw everything we could. Most of the big stadiums were closed due to renovations. Of course. They are always renovating in Europe. Which was a bit disappointing, but my parents were ok with it.


The park also has a 290 meter tall tower (951 feet) which overlooks the entire facility. It gives nice views of the entire city and a birds eye view of the stadium.



In the same area as the Olympia Park is the BMW headquarters where they have a museum of sorts and public showroom. My father, being into nice cars HAD to see this. And we did. We saw lots of different models of cars, motorcycles, and other machinery (forgive me, this is REALLY not my thing and I have no clue what I'm talking about). There were displays on paint, interior upholstery, speed, balance, the BMW factories around the world, and of course video racing games that any young boy would drool over. Again, not really my cup of tea, but it was fun getting to ride in some of the sport cars and motorcycles.






This car was his favorite. It's #1 in his book. That's why he's holding up 1 finger. It's an SUV. Of course.

3 comments:

The Pfefferkorns said...

I love the pictures on the bike. You look hot! You should be in 'fast and fourious'.

The Yorks said...

I was going for a Bond girl look, but F&F works! :)

Unknown said...

Shera is a hot little tamale in the convertible. Ever since this post I've been thinking we need a BMW :)