Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Grellmanns Part 2 - Fussen


Our first Saturday we took a trip to the town of Füssen (which means feet), outside of Munich. This is the town that houses the famous Neuschwanstein castle. However, since my parents had already been there 28 years ago (and it honestly has not changed), we decided to explore the small town and REAL medieval fortress.

The train ride over. Despite their expressions, Gary and Joyce loved the train.

And of course, if there is a sports facility (think this one is tennis courts), dad needs a picture of it.


No, that's not snow anymore. It's edelweiss growing. Yay spring!

We do love to shop.




Had to put this one in because my purse under Nate's sweatshirt looks like I've got one big butt. Hehehe.

View from the castle tower.


Nate and Dad taking pictures.

Atop the tower.


And everyone's personal favorite: Daddy in the stocks.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a new nickname for Shera now: the hunch butt of Füssen.

The Pfefferkorns said...

I love the little shopping picture. the bright buildings look great. And you are not totally bundled up!!

The Yorks said...

I know! Isn't it fantastic? I've said goodbye to all my nylons. And I feel thinner too!