Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our stuff has arrived!






Finally! After leaving even before we did, our belongings have arrived. Apparently, there was incorrect information given, we were told that if we packed up and sent it off before we left, it would arrive within a week or so. Well, a month later it still was not here, the reason being that customs would not even look at it until we had our residency permit. So it sat. In storage. In California until just 2 weeks ago. It's here now and that's good, even though all of our clothes smell sour, I'm happy to have them. The moving guys were funny as you can see from one of the pictures. They also seemed to like Merissa. Of course.

It's amazing how having just a few familiar things changes your whole experience. Seeing a few of my own coffee mugs, towels and oven mitts almost brought me to tears and gives me a strange sense of security. I'm here, it's real and I'm not going home for awhile. Nate will be in CA next week for meetings and I'm a bit jealous. He gets to have Mexican food. And read signs in English. And see friends and family. Oh well. He has to endure a 12 hour flight. HA HA. By the way, doesn't he look cute going off to work on his bike?

2 comments:

kellyd said...

bummer you can't come back to CA too! at least you guys finally got your stuff!
on a side note, you are lucky you got away when you did...the number of pregnant women I know seems to be increasing exponentially...and now I am getting nervous! At least 6 at church...plus my sister with her accidental 4th!

Nikki said...

YEAH for stuff! very cute nate pics by the way. I miss you guys!