Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Election


It's really weird. All of a sudden, US citizens are popular! The Germans are SO happy that Obama is president. I was congratulated twice today by strangers, whom, when they heard me speaking English, asked excitedly if I was from the states and then broke into a big smile and offered their kudos. Wow!

My friend, who is from Michigan, said she was up late last night so she could hear the results and told me that people all over were cheering and clapping. Nathan had colleagues offering their congratulations and Merissa had a student this morning who ran into class and shouted "We won!" She's German of course, so I'm not exactly sure....but whatever. It's so funny.

At least we're off to a good start with the Democrats, foreigners don't seem to hate us as much anymore. Hopefully it will ring true, but the Dems are in the hot seat now. Let's see if they can clean up this mess.

No comments: